Sunday, October 12

Skin Is, My andrew

I don't even remember making a post yesterday.

Anyway, today was the second day of church alone. I actually looked kind of cute today, I think. I found a dream catcher necklace to wear. While the chorus was practicing I sat inside with them because it was too cold outside, and despite their volume I managed to block the sound out enough to read (Harry Potter. I need some new books. Suggestions). And then I followed them inside the church, and they filed into the back, and I went up by myself and found a slightly sunny seat in the same area I sat last time. I always go for the sun seats. Today at the beginning of service there was only a corner of sunlight on mine, but by the Homily it was totally full.
Today's service went by really fast. I sat there and soaked it all in, but at the same time I didn't really pay attention to anything. Even though I don't really know what to believe yet, it was really peaceful, in a way.

On the way back I listened to andrew bird and Radiohead and danced. I like the car rides to church, they're long enough that I can get a few decent listens in. I thought about Alex and hoped he was doing well in his lacrosse game, or at least having fun. I wondered if he had gotten to listen to any Bird on the way there.

And then I came home, and changed and now I'm wearing boots because my feet are always so cold in this house. My hands already freeze. I read the post secrets. I should send one in but I don't know what I would write, and I would probably go overboard.


Oh also, last night I talked to him. I was really really glad I got to. I still don't know how he figured it out, but anyway we had a good conversation, mostly about bread but also about Prop 8. I hope he doesn't see this, but then again if he does I don't mind his knowing that I like him.
(My bracelet only has a few strands holding it together now, and only 3 beads left, which is a good sign. When it falls off, the wish will come true. I like to think that the conversation had something to do with that.)


I want this:
"You're not thinking I'm someone else?
I know you are not.
Or that we've met before?
I know we have not.

It's so much to believe. You're not making a joke?
I have not yet learned how to joke that way. I think now I never will."















Really. Good. Movie.

I also want someone to watch scary movies with, and make jokes at, and then jam on the commercials.

Happy Sunday.

No comments: